Scalarama is a month long film festival (1st – 30th September) which celebrates cult films and all forms of cinema exhibition inspired by the legendary Scala Cinema which was based in London’s Kings Cross until closing down in the early 90’s. Cyberschizoid and Georgy Girl have teamed up with the Scalarama festival and Space Monsters magazine to present a Frighten Brighton horror triple bill!
Shriekarama takes place on Saturday 27th September from 3:30pm – 9:30pm at the Caroline of Brunswick pub, 39 Ditchling Road, Brighton, BN1 4SB. Entry is FREE and there will be monster merchandise on sale courtesy of Space Monsters magazine! See below for details of the films being screened…
* MARK OF THE VAMPIRE (1935)
An iconic classic Bela Lugosi vampire flick with controversial (at the time) lesbian undertones.
* THE HOUSE THAT BLED TO DEATH (1980)
One of Hammer Films’ last great shockers. Made for TV, this pushed the boundaries of blood, guts and gore on primetime television.
* BLACK SABBATH (1963)
The legendary Mario Bava directs this iconic trilogy of chilling tales. A true cult classic!
This special event is being presented as part of the Scalarama cult film festival. Entrance is FREE but over 18’s only please!
There will also be horror movie merchandise for sale sponsored by Space Monsters Magazine!
Be there…and be scared!
Frighten Brighton Cinematheque returns for a new season of cult movie double bills, all day festivals and special one-off events in conjunction with the Caroline of Brunswick pub, Space Monsters magazine and We Belong Dead magazine! We’re kicking off with a terrifyingly trashy horror double-bill of Frankenhooker and Blacula on Monday 9th June from 7:30pm upstairs in the Caroline of Brunswick‘s Scary Screening Room!
Entry is FREE OF CHARGE so join your hosts Cyberschizoid and Georgy Edgson for a night of groovy horror fun. There will also be a concession stand selling copies of Space Monsters magazine and other film related memorabilia.
* FRANKENHOOKER (1990) – After his attractive fiancée is cut into pieces in a freak accident involving a lawnmower, aspiring mad scientist Jeffrey Franken is determined to put her back together again. He sets about reassembling his girlfriend using parts from a variety of New York prostitutes. However, his bizarre plan goes awry when his reanimated girlfriend no longer wants just him, but for money will take on anybody, and afterwards try to kill them…
* BLACULA (1972) – An ancient African prince, turned into a vampire by Dracula himself, finds himself in modern Los Angeles in this 1970’s blaxploitation classic.
* FREE ADMISSION!
* Doors open 7:30pm
* Venue – Caroline of Brunswick, 39 Ditchling Road, Brighton, BN1 4SB
* Cult movie magazines and memorabilia on sale!
* Sponsored by Space Monsters magazine.